In the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter and sharing of pleasures. ~ Gibran

Sunday, August 7, 2011

A Summer Read Turns Into A Summer Helping Hand!

My fellow Make and Take Gal, Poh, gave me a lovely book by Cami Walker called 29 Gifts.  This little gem explores the trials of Cami's adaption to having MS. Along her journey Cami meets a Spiritual Director who provides her with life changing insights on the power of giving.  Cami embraces the suggestion and we journey with her as life takes on balance, mindfulness, and joy! The abundance focus changes everything! There is a whole month of summer left, I suggest this read as a wonderful catalyst to send us into to fall and the giving season.

Poh is practicing what she is reading as well. This past month my community lost a very special young man. His parents asked me to make a quilt from his t-shirts, an honor that still leaves me breathless. When the box arrived I simply could not open it. It was Poh who came over and sat next to me, and then grabbed the scissors and pushed me to begin the task of preparing the blocks before I had time to think.  Knowing I could not do this alone, she camped out in my home for 3 1/2 straight days until we finished the quilt and passed it on to be sewn together by a long-arm quilter. Poh was my angel for this project and asked for nothing in return. The ripples will extend far beyond the 3 days of time Poh gave me, and Cami's book has been a wonderful inspiration to share in this practice of abundance and mindfulness! Checkout Cami's website for stories and ideas here.

Come gather around the table! MJ

No comments:

Post a Comment