Cupcake Stand and Card Making Video
Poh hosted a wonderful morning of crafting cupcake stands and matching card and envelope sets!The cupcake stands were based on a model seen at the local paper store. We experimented with the pedestal shape, table top shape, and tablecloth or skirt additions... a bit like playing paper dolls!
Our finished projects together!
Once we completed the darling cupcake holders we moved onto designing matching card and envelope sets. Cards are a favorite session for the Make and Take Gals. We stock up our collections and each time make a fun and unique pattern. Poh bumped up the elegance factor with a lined envelope, which was so fun to create as we fussy cut paper to showcase just the right design!
We each created 25 unique cards to take home! Time for lunch!
Poh created a beautiful lunch of turkey burgers, three bean salad, and of course, cupcakes! Not just any cupcakes, but rosewater infused pound cake cupcakes with vanilla rosewater frosting. At each place setting was a small spice jar filled with dried bay leafs from her garden and we each took home an heirloom tomato start... wonderful!
Garden Three-Bean Salad with Fresh French Dressing
2 cups green beans,trimmed if desired
8 cups mixed greens
2 cups frozen shelled sweet soybeans(edamame),thawed
1 cup canned white beans(cannellini) thoroughly rinsed and drained
1 cup radishes,quartered or sliced
Freshly ground black pepper
1 recipe Fresh French Dressing
1. In microwave-safe bowl combine green beans with1/4cup water and 1 tsp salt. Toss to distribute salt among beans. Micro cook, uncovered, on 100% power(high) for 3 to5 minutes or until tender. Set aside and allow to cool.
2. Place salad greens in a large salad bowl; add green beans,edamame,white beans and radishes. Add about half the dressing. Sprinkle with pepper and toss gently. Pass the remaining. Makes 8 servings.
Fresh French Dressing
In the blender combine 2 medium tomatoes,halved and seeded; 1/4 cup olive oil; 2 to 3Tbsp red wine vinegar; 2Tbsp tomato paste; 1Tbsp snipped fresh tarragon and 2 tsp Dijon mustard. Cover and process until thoroughly blended. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Tomatoes vary in juiciness; if dressing is too thin, blend in additional tomato paste,1 tsp at a time. Refrigerate until serving time.
Recipe from Better Homes and Garden June 2011
1cup butter, at room temperature
11/4 cups sugar
3 large eggs
1tsp. Vanilla extract
21/2 cups flour
3/4tsp baking powder
1/4tsp baking soda
1/3cup strawberry jam
11/2 to2tsp rose water
Cream cheese-rose frosting
21/2cups small rose petals(organically grown) for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 325 degree. Line 16 muffin cups with liners. Beat butter and sugar with a stand mixer until creamy. Add eggs,vanilla and buttermilk; beat until well blended.
2. Whisk together flour,baking powder,baking soda and salt in a bowl. Gradually beat into butter mixture until well blended.
3. Whisk together jam and rose water to taste in a small bowl. Spread 2 heaping tbs batter in each liner. Top with 1 tsp jam mixture, then another 2 tbsp batter, carefully spreading it to cover jam.
4. Bake cupcakes until a toothpick inserted toward the edge comes out clean, 25 to27 minutes. Let cool in pans 5 mins, then transfer to racks to cool completely. Spread with frosting and decorate with rose petals.
In a bowl with a mixer, 4 oz cream-cheese and 1/4cup butter( both at room temperature) with11/2 to 2tsp rose water,1/4tsp vanilla extract and 21/2 cups powdered sugar until smooth.
From Sunset magazine
Gourmet Turkey Burgers
1 lb ground turkey
3oz sun dried tomatoes (not in oil)
3-4 oz flavored feta cheese (such as garlic & herb or basil & tomato)
1/2 medium onion
Combine all ingredients and shape into patties. Grill or pan fry. Makes 4 - 6 burgers.
Feel free to enlarge these to make your own cupcake stands and envelope liners at home!
Cupcake Stand Template
Envelope Liner Template
Thank you Poh for a fun morning of friendship and fun! ~ MJ